Degree Works Skip Navigation

Degree Works

Colgate University's degree audit system is available in the Colgate portal to faculty (Faculty Toolbox) and students (Banner Self-Service portlet).
What is Degree Works?
Degree Works is a web-based tool designed to help students and advisers monitor progress toward degree completion. Degree Works uses degree requirements from the University Catalogue and re-organizes the student’s transcript categorically to produce an easy-to-read audit.

The audit is divided into blocks to show all of the necessary requirements and how courses taken or in-progress count toward those requirements. Each block contains checkboxes to easily identify what courses and requirements are complete, almost complete, or still outstanding.

Degree Works can be used as part of advising sessions to determine course selections (in conjunction with the Course Offerings for the term) and review graduation requirements.
What are the benefits of Degree Works?
Degree Works is intended to support and enhance Colgate's commitment to academic advising. Students and advisers are able to:
  • View detailed requirements for the degree, major, and minor
  • See how completed, in-progress, and approved transfer/AP course work applies to degree requirements
  • Identify courses needed to complete specific degree requirements
  • View cumulative and major/minor GPAs
  • Plan course selection for future semesters using the Look Ahead feature
  • Generate What-If audits to view hypothetical major and/or minor changes based on current and projected course work
  • Calculate a GPA based on projected performance for the term
  • Calculate the grade combination(s) needed to achieve a target GPA
Degree Works is intended to support and complement academic advising but not to replace face-to-face advising sessions or the University Catalogue.
How current is the information in a Degree Works audit?
The information in Degree Works is refreshed every time you access an audit. If the information isn't up-to-date it could be due to outstanding paperwork (e.g., declaration paperwork that hasn’t reached the registrar’s office yet) or an outstanding transcript for transfer work.