Our off-campus programs provide a rich mixture of cultural experience and academic work in areas from science to religion, economics, language, literature, and the arts.
Whether you join a Colgate study group or extended study led by one of our faculty members or participate in an approved program at an institution abroad, we are prepared to help you explore the world.
Get Started Planning Your Semester Abroad
The Office of Off-Campus Study can help you plan your experience:
Get the big picture
Start your off-campus study planning by exploring this website, then take advantage of walk-in hours with a peer adviser
to learn about off-campus study options and the application process. Daily drop-in advising from the Off-Campus Study Peer Advisers from 10-12pm.
Attend An Off-Campus Study Info SessionYou should attend an info session before scheduling an appointment with an Off-Campus Study Coordinator.
There will be a number of study group information sessions during September and October in order to meet your schedule:
- Tuesday, September 12 at 6pm - Sophomore Class Info Session in Persson Hall
- Tuesday, September 19 at 4:30pm in 101A McGregory Hall
- Tuesday, September 26 at 4:30pm in 101A McGregory Hall
- Thursday, October 12 at 11:30am in 101A McGregory Hall
- Tuesday, October 17 at 4:30pm in 101A McGregory Hall
- Tuesday, October 24 at 4:30pm in 101A McGregory Hall
- Tuesday, October 31 at 4:30pm in 101A McGregory Hall
Schedule an Appointment with an Off-Campus Study Staff Member
With so many possibilities, how can you pick just one? Identify the programs of greatest interest to you, then schedule a consultation
with OCS's advising staff by searching for "Off-Campus Study" from the dropdown menu of potential Advisors.
Sophomores have priority for appointments through February. First years, please schedule in March after attending an info session.