Enterprise and National Car Rentals (Preferred Providers)
Contract ID# XZ29251
Enterprise and National are our Preferred suppliers for car rentals. National is located at most major airports. Enterprise is the division that supports local and delivered vehicles. You must be an Emerald Club member to have a car delivered to campus. There is no cost for this membership. It insures that your rental information is on file so that your rental can be processed. Use this link to register for Emerald Club Enterprise / National Emerald Club Registration & Information. NOTE – Emerald Plus is NOT the same thing as Emerald Club. If you have Emerald Plus membership, you will still need to register for Emerald Club! If you have an Emerald Club membership from another school, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Emerald Club number and she will update your profile for the Colgate contracted rates.
Cars Delivered to Colgate’s Campus
Please Note: There will be an additional $25.00 charge for cars delivered to the Colgate campus.
All keys must be picked up between 8 a.m.–12 p.m., or 1–4:00 p.m., Monday–Friday at the main office in the facilities building (located behind Reid Athletic Center). No keys will be issued before 8 a.m. or after 4:00 p.m. or over a weekend. Delivery to 10 Utica Street can also be requested. Reservation for cars should be made no later than 24 hours before the car is needed.
- Use this link to start the reservation process: Enterprise & National Rental Cars
- If you want your rental car delivered to campus, choose “Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Request Delivery from the Oneida rental branch”
- Click on tab that reads “Emerald Club” (Remember, you must be an Emerald Club member)
- Enter Emerald Club number and last name, then click on go button.
- Select dates and times for your rental.NOTE – Hours shown on the Enterprise site do NOT reflect the hours you can pick up the keys for a car being delivered!All keys must be picked up between 8 a.m.–12 p.m., or 1–4:00 p.m., Monday–Friday at the main office in the facilities building (located behind Reid Athletic Center). No keys will be issued before 8 a.m. or after 4:00 p.m. or over a weekend. So set your pick up time within these parameters.
- Select “View Rates”
- Select vehicle type
- Select Credit Card Type
- Enter email address
- Check “Yes” to “Corporate Account Details if trip is University business”.Check “No” if it is personal travel
- “Payment Details” click on “No”
- Select the delivery location.Note - only the Facilities Building or 10 Utica Street are available delivery locations.
- Click on “Continue”
- Select “Please deliver from Oneida branch”
- Click “Book Now”
Additional Rental Car Providers
Colgate also has agreements with the following companies. But note that none of these companies deliver cars to campus.
www.avis.com referencing discount number (AWD) B469300.
www.hertz.com referencing discount number (CDP) 1825463.
www.budget.com referencing discount number (BCD) T557400.
Policy Regarding Rental Cars
For rentals, present a current Colgate University picture ID and you should use your Colgate JP Morgan MasterCard (Pcard). There are no direct billing options available.
Travelers should avoid excessive refueling charges when returning the vehicles. Whenever possible, travelers should refuel the cars before returning them to the rental agency. Avoid drop charges by returning the vehicle to the same renting location.
Gas receipts, along with the rental invoice, must be included in the Concur Expense Report
Insurance Coverage offered by Rental Car Companies
Domestic Travel & Canada
The loss damage coverage (LDW) or additional liability insurance offered by the rental car company should be declined. The university maintains comprehensive, collision, and liability insurance on all vehicles rented or leased for university business.
The university’s foreign policy does not provide for rented, hired or leased vehicles' collision coverage. Purchase, unless specifically instructed not to by your supervisor, the collision coverage offered by the rental car company. However, any additional liability insurance offered by the rental car company should be declined. The university maintains liability insurance on all vehicles rented, hired, or leased for university business-related purposes.
Contact the Purchasing Office at 315-228-7838 for more information