Student learning begins with a rich and varied educational experience that integrates the formal academic program with all of campus life. Colgate students will develop habits of learning and ways of living that are characteristic of a residential liberal arts education and that are guided by intellectualism, citizenship, accountability, diversity and inclusion, personal growth and wellness, and a lifelong connection to Colgate. The Dean of the College Division promotes open and respectful exchange of ideas and perspectives, deepening our commitment to human understanding and to the common good. The division furthers Colgate’s educational mission through its student-centered approach, exceptional services, and learning opportunities.
The Dean of the College recognizes and appreciates the unique talents and contributions of each individual with whom we work. The division encourages ongoing diversity education and expects our staff to approach this endeavor with a sense of open-mindedness and willingness to experience the unfamiliar with respectful communication. We facilitate exploration, learning, and understanding of identity development and social justice issues, resulting in an inclusive and supportive community where each voice is heard and valued.
- Partner with students to help them mature into successful and independent adults.
- Exhibit professionalism, collegiality, and a student-centered approach to our work as educators.
- Respect and support each other, as well as the students, faculty, staff, and alumni with whom we work.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively in furthering our shared goals.
- Create and cultivate community within and outside of the DoC division.
- Place a high value on continued professional growth and development as we work toward excellence.
- Evaluate our work as a division, make adjustments as needed, and celebrate our accomplishments.