This is to ensure that the required documents are placed on file at the Office of International Student Services (OISS) and for us to comply with the Federal immigration regulations to report necessary information about your status to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security via SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System). Registration must be completed in the following stages:
NOTE: Failure to comply with the SEVIS registration requirement will result in termination of your SEVIS record.
- Read page two of your I-20 as well as the OISS information sheet titled “Maintaining Valid F-1 Status.” The information sheet is available in the OISS.
- Complete the SEVIS Registration Form.
- Bring the following documents in person to an international student adviser in the OISS:
- Completed SEVIS Registration Form
- Your I-20
- Your I-94 card (It should be stapled into your passport.)
- Your F-1 visa (It should be stamped in your passport. Not applicable for Canadian citizens.)
- Your passport
- ‘Gate Card
Contact the OISS staff
or 315-228-6016 for questions.