BA, UCLA, 1993; MA, Central European University, 1998; MA (1998), PhD (2006), Claremont University
- Visiting assistant professor, history/peace and conflict studies, 2007-2011
- Lecturer, Department of History, California State University, Fullerton, 2000-2007
Modern European history (political, cultural, and intellectual); historical justice and reconciliation
The politics of history in contemporary societies; historical justice in transitional regimes; the role of historical commissions in conflict mediation and reconciliation.
- "Trump, Holocaust Remembrance, and Alternative Facts," The Huffington Post. January 31, 2017.
- Amending the Past: Europe's Holocaust Commissions and the Right to History, University of Wisconsin Press, 2015.
- "Toward a Philosophy of Holocaust Education: Teaching Values Without Imposing Agendas," The History Teacher 45, no. 2 (2012): 221-40.
- Taking Wrongs Seriously: Apologies and Reconciliation (Edited with Elazar Barkan), Stanford University Press, 2006.
- "Depolarizing the Past: The Role of Historical Commissions in Conflict Mediation and Reconciliation," Journal of International Affairs, vol. 60, no. 1 (2006): 31-50.
Outstanding Part-Time Faculty Award, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, Cal State Fullerton, 2006-2007.