Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
- Woolley, S.W. (2013). Speech that silences, silences that speak: "That's so gay," "That's so ghetto," and "safe space" in High School. Journal of Language and Sexuality, 2(2), 292-318. DOI:10.1075/jls2.205woo
- Woolley, S.W. (2012). "The Silence Itself is Enough of a Statement": The Day of Silence and LGBTQ Awareness-Raising. Anthropology & Education Quarterly, 43(3), 327-344. DOI:10.1111/j.1548-1492.2012.01180.x
Peer-reviewed Book Chapters
- Woolley, S.W. (forthcoming). LGBTQ Student Agendas: Voice, Dialogue, and Visibility. In G. Walton (Ed.), The Gay Agenda: Claiming Space, Identity, and Justice. New York, NY: Peter Lang Publishing.
Invited Book Chapters
- Woolley, S.W. (forthcoming). Sex Segregation in Education. In The Wiley-Blackwell Encyclopedia of Gender and Sexuality Studies. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Woolley, S.W. (forthcoming). (Im)perceptible Silences: Hearing LGBTQ Silences and Voices in School. In E.J. Meyer & D.L. Carlson (Eds.), Gender and Sexuality in Education: A Reader. New York, NY: Peter Lang Publishing.
- Baquedano-Lopez, P., & Woolley, S.W. (2012). Language Socialization. In J. Banks (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Diversity in Education. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc.