- MS (2003) and PhD (2008) in Applied Mathematics at the University of Washington
- BS (1998) in Mathematics at Catholic University of Korea
- Assistant professor (2013-Present), Mathematics, Colgate University
- Postdoctoral researcher (2012-2013), Mathematics, Ryerson University and York University
- Assistant professor (2011-2012), Mathematics and Statistics, Thompson Rivers University
- Postdoctoral researcher (2010-2011), Mathematics and Statistics, McMaster University
- Postdoctoral researcher (2008-2010), Mathematics and Statistics, University of Ottawa
Mathematical Biology, Spatial Ecology, Population Dynamics, Mathematical Modelling of Infectious Diseases, Biological Invasions, Dynamical Systems, Bifurcation Theory, Differential Equations (ODEs & PDEs)
Papers in Preparation
- Gunog Seo, Gail S.K. Wolkowicz. A Host-Parasitoid Model with Three Phenomenologically Similar Functional Responses.
- Qihua Huang, Gunog Seo, and Chunhua Shan. Interactions between Populations and Toxins in an Aquatic Polluted Environment.
- Gunog Seo and Gail S.K. Wolkowicz. Sensitivity of the dynamics of the general Rosenzweig–MacArthur model to the mathematical form of the functional response: a bifurcation theory approach.
- Qihua Huang, Gunog Seo, and Chunhua Shan. Bifurcations and Global Dynamics in a Toxin-mediated Aquatic Population Model. (submitted)
- Gunog Seo and Gail S.K. Wolkowicz (2015) Existence of multiple limit cycles in a predator–prey model with arctan(ax) as functional response. Communications in Mathematical Analysis, 18(1), 64–68.
- Jian Fang, Kunquan Lan, Gunog Seo and Jianhong Wu (2014) Spatial dynamics of an age-structured population model of Asian Clams. SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, 74(4), 959–979.
- Alexandra Erbach, Frithjof Lutscher, and Gunog Seo (2013) Bistability and limit cycles in generalist predator–prey dynamics. Ecological Complexity, 14, 48–55.
- Marion Weedermann, Gunog Seo, and Gail S.K. Wolkowicz (2013) Mathematical model of anaerobic digestion in a chemostat: effects of syntrophy and inhibition. Journal of Biological Dynamics, 7 (1), 59–85.
- Gunog Seo and Frithjof Lutscher (2011) Spread rates under temporal variability: calculation and application to invasions. M3AS: Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences, 21(12), 2469–2489.
- Gunog Seo and Donald L. DeAngelis (2011) A predator–prey model with a Holling type I functional response including a predator mutual interference. Journal of Nonlinear Science, 21(6), 811–833.
- Frithjof Lutscher and Gunog Seo (2011) The effect of temporal variability on persistence conditions in rivers. Journal of Theoretical Biology, 283 (1), 53–59.
- Gunog Seo and Mark Kot (2009) The dynamics of a simple laissez-faire model with two predators. Mathematical Biosciences and Engineering, 6 (1), 145–172.
- Gunog Seo and Mark Kot (2008) A comparison of two predator–prey models with Holling’s type I functional response. Mathematical Biosciences, 212 (2), 161–179.
The dynamics of simple predator-prey models with Holling’s functional responses. University of Washington. 2008.
- Nominated for the Phi Eta Sigma "Professor of the Year" award, Colgate University, 2015-2016.
- The Lord Robert May Best Paper Prize (best paper in 2013-2014 volume of the Journal of Biological Dynamics; jointly authored with Marion Weedermann and Gail Wolkowicz; awarded in October, 2015).
- Nominated for the Phi Eta Sigma "Professor of the Year" award, Colgate University, 2014-2015.
- Travel Grant, 2015, Colgate University, NY.
- NSF Grant to collaborate with Canadian researchers, 2014.
- NSF Travel Grant for the AARMS-CRM workshop on Sustainability of Aquatic Ecosystem Networks held in Fredericton, New Brunswick (October 22-25), 2013.
- Research Council Discretionary Grant, 2013, Colgate University, NY.