Current working papers
"Decoupling is in the eye of the beholder: European Parliament voting and perceptions of national v. EU economic performance." [conference paper
"After the halcyon days: the antiglobalization movement and international organizations, 1996-2011" [working paper
"Attention: deficit disorder! International fiscal coordination in the Group of 20." (with Gene Park) [conference paper
"The space between us: elite and mass attitudes toward crisis-driven integration in the European Union." (with Kevin Wallsten) [conference paper
"Sticking together because we're stuck together: solidarity, indivisibility, and collective action in the European Union" [ conference paper ]
Projecting Polities: States, Nonstate Actors, and Global Governance. London: Routledge, 2013
The Impact of Globalization on the United States: Business and Economics. New York: Praeger, 2008 (co-edited with B. Crawford)
EU Trade Strategies: Between Regionalism and Globalism. London: Palgrave, 2004 (co-edited with V. Aggarwal)
- “Weaving the European basket: fiscal rules and performance in the European Union.” In Deficits and Debt in the Industrialized Democracies, edited by E. Ide & G. Park. London: Routledge, 2015. [working paper]
- “Disassembling the assembly: Congress and multilateral institutions.” In Globalization’s Impact on the United States: Law and Politics, edited by B. Crawford. New York: Praeger, 2008. [working paper]
- “Globalization’s impact on the US economy and business: An overview.” In The Impact of Globalization on the United States: Business and Economics, edited by B. Crawford and E. Fogarty. New York: Praeger, 2008 (with B. Crawford). [working paper]
- “The limits of interregionalism: EU and North America.” In The EU as a Global Player, edited by F. Söderbaum and L. van Langenhove. London: Routledge, 2006 (with V. Aggarwal).
- “Introduction: Between regionalism and globalism.” In EU Trade Strategies, edited by V. Aggarwal and E. Fogarty. London: Palgrave, 2004 (with V. Aggarwal). [penultimate version]
- “Conclusion: Explaining trends in EU interregionalism.” In EU Trade Strategies (with V. Aggarwal). [penultimate version]
- “Be careful what you wish for: The EU and North America.” In EU Trade Strategies. [penultimate version]
- “Moving mountains (of debt): NGOs, the HIPC Initiatives, and the decentralization of multilateral debt governance.” In Sovereign Debt, edited by V. Aggarwal and B. Granville. London: Chatham House, 2003.
- “Remembrance of things past.” Review of Power in Concert, by Jennifer Mitzen (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2013). International Studies Review 17, 2 (2015): 318-320. [published version / final draft]
- “Legitimacy dilemmas in global governance.” Review of World Rule, by Jonathan Koppell (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2010). International Studies Review 14, 1 (March 2012): 168-170. [published version / final draft]
- Review of Protectors of Privacy, by Abraham Newman (Ithaca: Cornell, 2008). Review of Policy Research 26, 6 (November 2009): 886-888. [published version / final draft]
- Entries for “nongovernmental organization,” “coalition,” and “transnational governance.” Encyclopedia of Governance, edited by M. Bevir. London: Sage, 2007.
- “Bring on a bigger, meaner IMF,” Journal of Commerce, 13 April 1998 (with G. Hufbauer).