BA, University of Colorado at Boulder, 1995; MA, Simon Fraser University, 1998; PhD, University of Minnesota, 2006
- Geographical political economy with particular interests in regional restructuring and inequality
- Regional/local development with particular interests in community resilience and sustainability
- GIS, spatial statistical, and econometric application in geography
- Comparative and connective economic geography of East Asia and North America
- CORE167C Japan
- GEOG111 Global Shift: Economy, Society and Geography
- GEOG245 Geographic Information Systems
- GEOG313 Geographical Political Economy: Asia in Globalization
- GEOG315 Sustainable Livelihoods in Asia
- Seiji Hanzawa and Daisaku Yamamoto. Recasting the Agglomeration Benefits for Innovation in a Hits-Based Cultural Industry: Evidence from the Japanese Console Videogame Industry. Geografiska Annaler: Series B, Human Geography. Forthcoming.
- Mitsuo Yamakawa and Daisaku Yamamoto eds. Rebuilding Fukushima. London: Routledge. Forthcoming.
- Mitsuo Yamakawa and Daisaku Yamamoto eds. 2016. Unravelling the Fukushima Disaster. London: Routledge.
- Daisaku Yamamoto. 2015. 開発とスポーツの空間ー地理学の視点 (Spaces of Development and Sport: A Geographical Perspective). In Matsumura, K. et al. eds. 開発とスポーツの社会学ー開発主義を超えて (Sociology of Development and Sport: Beyond Developmentalism). Tokyo: Nansosha. 142-161 (In Japanese).
- Daisaku Yamamoto and A. Katrina Engelsted. 2014. World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms (WWOOF) in the United States: Locations and Motivations of Volunteer Tourism Host Farms. Journal of Sustainable Tourism. 22(6), 964-982.
- Daisaku Yamamoto and Yumiko Yamamoto. 2013. Community Resilience to a Developmental Shock: A Case Study of a Rural Village in Nagano, Japan. Resilience: International Policies, Practices and Discourses. 1(2), 99-115.
- Daisaku Yamamoto. 2013. Financialization and Regional Inequalities: Connecting the Experiences of Japan and the United States. Annals of the Japan Association of Economic Geographers. 59(1), 27-43 (in Japanese).
- Daisaku Yamamoto. 2012. Repositioning Regional Inequality Research from the Geographical Political Economy Perspective. Annals of the Japan Association of Economic Geographers. 58(3), 228-237 (in Japanese).
- Daisaku Yamamoto. 2011. Regional Resilience: Prospects for Regional Development Research. Geography Compass. 5(10), 723-736.
- Daisaku Yamamoto. 2009. Trends of Sustainable Tourism Research. Journal of Environmental Sociology. 15, 139-152 (in Japanese).
- Daisaku Yamamoto. 2008. Scales of Regional Income Disparities in the United States, 1955-2003. Journal of Economic Geography. 8, 79-103.
- Daisaku Yamamoto. 2004. Production Linkages in and between Places: The Recent Development of the Bicycle Industry Agglomeration in Osaka. Annals of the Japan Association of Economic Geographers. 50(2), 1-23.
- Karen Chapple, Ann Markusen, Greg Schrock, Daisaku Yamamoto, and Pingkang Yu. 2004. Gauging Metropolitan 'High-Tech' and 'I-Tech' Activity. Economic Development Quarterly. 18(1), 10-29.
- Karen Chapple, Ann Markusen, Greg Schrock, Daisaku Yamamoto, and Pingkang Yu. 2004. Rejoinder: High-Tech Rankings, Specialization, and Relationship to Growth. Economic Development Quarterly. 18(1), 44-49.
- Daisaku Yamamoto and Alison M. Gill. 2002. Issues of Globalization and Reflexivity in the Japanese Tourism Production System: The Case of Whistler, British Columbia. Professional Geographer. 54(1), 83-93.
- Social Science Research Council, Abe Fellowship 2014
- Colgate University Research Council, Picker Fellowship 2011-12