The Department of Physical Education offers a variety of programs and courses that directly reflect Colgate’s commitment to every student’s physical, social, mental and environmental well-being.
We take a holistic approach to curriculum development, collaboration with offices and departments across campus. Students may participate in a variety of programs and courses that include varsity and club level athletics, dance, outdoor education, volunteerism and five-week courses in health, fitness, positive sexuality, stress management, and more.
Students wishing to experience a variety of PHED wellness options may apply for the Wellness Passport program. Students will have the opportunity to attend a wide variety of classes, workshops and events that encompass the eight dimensions of wellness
. Students enrolled in this course must accumulate 10-hours of participation over the course of one semester by attending any combination of classes, workshops and trainings listed here.
Students maintain their passport electronically using the Wellness Passport mobile check-in app.
All Group Exercise Classes
will be offered as drop in classes only through ‘gate fitness
and are eligible for the Wellness Passport. (Aerobics - Pilates - Spinning - Yoga - Zumba & More )
Students who participate in a Colgate approved Club Sport, SGA Dance Club, SOMAC, EMT Training Program, and Hamilton Fire Department may apply for PE Credit.
Only 1 credit per club is eligible for the PE requirement.
- Register Online for the Extracurricular Credit through the PHED Registration.
- Log Participation hours after each club activity session using the Google form.
- Hours may only be logged after a student has registered for this program.
- All PE Log ins Must be within 48 hours of Club Activity to be valid.
- All activity hours logged by a club member will be verified by the Chair of Physical Education with the club's practice schedule and event schedule.
- Credits will be submitted to the Registrar at the end of the semester, once 30 hours is reached. Students have 1 academic year to reach the required 30 hours.
- Students may get updates on their completed hours by contacting email@example.com
- Violations of this process and/or falsely logging hours are a direct violation of the Academic Honor Code.