The state-of-the-art facility is home to our rowing teams and features a recreational bay for use by students, faculty, staff, alumni, and their guests at no charge.
You can borrow our canoes, recreational kayaks, Sea kayaks, rowboat, paddle boat, Pico sailboats,or Stand Up Paddleboards for an excursion on the lake. Please note, there is no swimming allowed on or from the boathouse property.
Glendening Boathouse - Fall Hours
August 29-October 4
(CLOSED Saturday, September 19 - Homecoming)
- All hours are weather dependent. Call 315-824-0053 on days of operation. On questionable weather days call the Huntington Equipment Room at 315-228-7620
- Colgate University ID is required in order to use the equipment
- The boathouse property is just for boating and picnicking, No swimming is permitted at any time
- A signed “assumption of risk/release of liability” statement will be required
- Please note: Personal Flotation Devices (PFD's) are required at all times by Colgate policy and repeat offenders of this policy will no longer have access to the facility
Available watercraft include: canoes, recreational kayaks, sea kayaks, rowboat, pedal boat, Pico sailboats, and Stand Up Paddleboards for an excursion on the lake.
DIRECTIONS TO GLENDENING BOATHOUSE:
Drive out of Hamilton on West Lake Moraine Road.
Go past the White Eagle and turn Right onto Frank Road (marked with a Glendening Boathouse sign). Follow the road around to the right until you see the cedar shingles boathouse with a maroon gate. All users must park in the parking lot.