The state-of-the-art facility is home to our rowing teams and features a recreational bay for use by students, faculty, staff, alumni, and their guests at no charge.
Available watercraft include: canoes, recreational kayaks, sea kayaks, rowboat, pedal boat, Pico sailboats, and stand up paddle boards. Vessels are available for use on the lake only. Users should be aware of the following:
Directions to Glendening Boathouse:
- All hours are weather dependent. On questionable weather days call the Huntington Equipment Room at 315-228-7620 to ensure that the Boathouse facility is open.
- Colgate University ID is required in order to use the equipment
- The boathouse property is just for boating, no swimming is permitted at any time
- A signed “assumption of risk/release of liability” statement will be required
- Personal Flotation Devices (PFD's) are required at all times by Colgate policy. Repeat offenders of this policy will no longer have access to the facility. Violators approached by the DEC may be fined.
Travel Northeast on West Lake Moraine Road. Go past the White Eagle and turn right onto Frank Road (marked with a Glendening Boathouse sign). Follow the road around to the right until you see the cedar shingles boathouse with a maroon gate. All users must park in the parking lot. If the gate is locked, then the facility is closed.
Private groups may reserve the Boathouse during non-public hours. Please e-mail Boathouse Manager Christian Walker (firstname.lastname@example.org
) with group requests.