Colgate University students are not required to live on campus during the summer and may choose to live off campus. For many students, particularly rising sophomores and juniors, this is a great opportunity to see if off-campus life is something you want to pursue for your senior year. There is no lottery for off-campus summer housing. The Office of Residential Life can supply a listing of available summer properties to anyone interested. Should you decide to pursue off-campus summer housing options, please keep the following items in mind:
- Be sure that your off-campus housing option has facilities that will meet your needs throughout the summer term
- Secure off-campus housing for the entirety of your summer stay
- Request and retain a copy of your lease for your records
- Returning student move in is August 27; we cannot guarantee you can move in early
The Office of Residential Life provides on-campus housing between the dates of May 26, 2013 and August 9, 2013 for students enrolled in faculty-supported summer research, working for an office on campus or for international students. Students will be housed in Townhouses which include both a full kitchen and washers and dryers within each unit.
Instructions for applying for summer housing can be found along with the summer housing application. Please note the following:
- The application deadline for summer housing is April 30, 2013.
- Summer housing assignments will be sent out via email by May 3. Contracts will be due by May 10 to secure your room assignment.
- Summer housing options are extremely limited.
- Any applications submitted beyond the April 30, 2013 deadline will be reviewed after all other applicants have been housed. There is no guarantee that you will receive housing if your application was submitted late.
- The Summer Housing Application has a place where you can list a roommate preference. If you know someone that is also staying for the summer, you are encouraged to list that person as your roommate preference
The cost for on-campus housing will be $70 per week. Students have the following four options for payment: Option 1
- Payment in full prior to check-in Option 2
- Deduction from independent research grant Option 3
- Deduction from summer employment paycheck Option 4
- Payment is covered by sponsoring department
If students fail to make one of the two above payment arrangements, then the key to their summer assignment will be withheld by the Office of Residential Life. Should a student have any outstanding summer housing fees at the time of their arrival to campus, their key will be withheld by the Office of Residential Life.
Charges are levied based on the number of weeks you require housing; there will be no prorating of the charges if you elect to leave early. Students leaving their summer assignment in the middle of a given week will still be charged for the number of weeks stated on the housing application. No refunds are issued for on campus summer housing under any circumstance.
If you have any questions about the summer application process, please contact the Office of Residential Life at 315-228-7367 or email@example.com