Contact your SGA Liaison (firstname.lastname@example.org
) for the necessary paperwork to propose a student organization.
Complete the paperwork and submit the following three
documents to your SGA Liaison. These are available on the CLSI homepage
- Student Organization Recognition Information Form
- Student Organization - Petition for Creation
- Organization's Constitution (Template)
You and any other representatives of your new organization must be present at meetings of the Student Organization Committee (SOC) and then the SGA Student Senate
in order to answer any questions. The Senate will then vote on whether to approve your organization. Your organization will be recognized with a majority vote.
Once approved, the Treasurer of your organization will arrange a meeting with the CLSI
office manager to ensure an account code is established for the group.
You need to create a page for your new group at Get Involved
. Calendar submission and funding requests from the BAC are tied to this system. Once you are logged on select My Involvement
and select the button for Register a New Organization
and follow the steps.
You may register only if you have been recognized and sponsored by the SGA
or another campus office or department. You will need the following information to register:
- An uploadable copy of your constitution and by-laws
- A list of all formal officers as outlined in your constitution
- A membership roster
- The name and contact information of your organization advisers