CISI Global Health and Safety Resources
CISI offers a on-call number for emergency assistance, as well as online portals where travelers can access important information about their health plan, search for local medical professionals and care sites, request referrals, and much more, including:
CISI features useful to you abroad
- Identify network physicians in the location abroad where you will study and live.
- Set up treatment with a physician or psychologist overseas (by contacting CISI directly)
- Discuss pre-existing needs with CISI prior to departure to avoid interruption in your care.
- Global access (non- U.S.) to medical care and to travel assistance using your MyCISI account
- Coverage when you travel independently outside the study group’s location
- Security information. CISI will send instructions (text or email) about your location if an incident occurs where you are. Please make sure you inform not only Colgate but also CISI with your mobile CISI app when you travel outside your formal study group area.
- Replacement of travel documents in the event of theft or loss (passport, etc.)
- Replacement of lost prescription medication
- Ability to add up to an additional month of coverage by contacting & paying CISI directly
Online Portals For Students:
Once you receive your CISI registration email, you may start discussions with CISI in regards to researching local doctors, creating your own medical contingency plans, and accessing all the tools that CISI has to offer to keep you well prepared in the event of a medical emergency.
If you are a student traveling independently and need to register yourself for CISI insurance, instructions for enrollment in the student plan can be found here: CISI Self-Enrollment Form For Parents:
CISI provides information for parents
, in order to access all the same health and safety information that is available, so you can help your enrolled students prepare to travel. For Faculty and Staff
For faculty/staff leading a student group abroad, please contact Shelley Wyman at email@example.com
for assistance in registering your group.
Colgate faculty and staff traveling independently on Colgate-related business abroad are required to purchase a Business Travel plan with CISI. Instructions for enrollment in this plan can be found here: CISI Self-Enrollment Forms - Business Travel
Questions should be directed to Shelley Wyman at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Enrollment Questions
For Consulate Letters
For Benefit/Coverage Questions
Phone: 203-399-5130 | 1-800-303-8120