To earn an MAT degree from Colgate, you will complete:
- Three or more courses in your chosen discipline
- Between four and eight courses in educational studies (depending on previous experience and coursework)
- Two of your educational studies courses should be at the 500 level
- A special project or thesis and workshops on child abuse and violence prevention
- Fingerprinting, as required by New York State
If you are already certified at the secondary level, you may substitute two other education courses. Courses that you take as an MAT student for degree credit in your specialization discipline will be assigned 500-level numbers consecutively, beginning with 591.
For each undergraduate course taken toward the MAT degree, a student must submit a Graduate Credit Agreement form prior to registration. This form is available from the registrar's office
All persons admitted to graduate studies at Colgate must present health and immunization records to the director of the student health services
before beginning coursework.