To document your creative achievements in high school, and hopefully to indicate a desire to continue such involvement with us at Colgate, you may submit examples of your work according to the following guidelines. Submitting material for review does not require a commitment to major in the field.
We work with the Colgate Slideroom portal
to allow you to submit your portfolio online.
- Title, date, size, and material of each work submitted.
- A brief artist's statement
Your artist's statement should answer the following:
- Was the piece an assignment?
- Describe your past experiences with the visual arts including classes taken, dates, and media used.
- Of the documentation submitted, which piece best represents you as an artist, and why? Include motivation behind this work and/or your art in general.
- Describe your plans for the study of art at Colgate.