Members of the Parents' Steering Committee are asked to:
- Make an annual leadership gift at one of the following levels:
- Patron level — gifts of $50,000 or more
- Council level — gifts of $25,000 to $49,999
- Fellow level — gifts of $10,000 to $24,999
- Direct your gift to the part of Colgate you care about most -- The Colgate Fund, Spendable Internships, the Kerschner Family Series Global Leaders at Colgate, an academic program or athletic team, or to one of the Parents’ Steering Committee funding priorities.
- Host regional events. Events are typically hosted at someone’s home, club or restaurant. The Parents’ Fund staff will work with you to determine an appropriate format such as a cocktail reception, barbeque, buffet dinner or sit-down dinner. Speakers from campus are available.
- Attend special gatherings on campus and regionally when possible.
- Attend at least one committee meeting per year to demonstrate support.
- Provide university administrators with valuable insight into the Colgate undergraduate experience.
- Assist Colgate in providing internships and networking opportunities for Colgate students and recent graduates.