About Wilderness Adventure
Each summer, roughly 150 first-year students participate in Wilderness Adventure to make friends, learn about Colgate, and have an absolute blast! Living and traveling with a small group of new students and two or three highly trained leaders, you will hike, paddle, climb, or bike through stunning New York wilderness.
No previous wilderness experience is needed for any of our trips, just a willingness to have fun, learn, and meet new people.
- Start college with a group of great new friends and upperclassmen mentors.
- Practice outdoor skills under the guidance of experienced student leaders.
- Try something new, and maybe a little bit challenging — just like college.
- Learn about classes, dorms, food, clubs, activities, and more from your leaders.
- Jumpstart your entrance into community living and active citizenship.
- Discover the Adirondack Park and Central New York – your new home.