Off-Campus Registration The following instructions and guidelines are intended to help students who are currently on Colgate study groups, non-Colgate approved programs, or a leave of absence:
- Students who are off-campus for the semester are encouraged to register via Banner Self-Service, if possible. (Please note that times listed in the registration schedule are Eastern Time.) However, the registrar's office is available to register off-campus students, if needed.
- For students on Colgate study groups: registration materials and links to the Course Offerings and registration form will be e-mailed to you. Your study group director serves as your adviser for the term and will provide you with your registration PIN.
- For students on Approved Programs or a leave of absence: Registration materials, including PINs and links to the Course Offerings and registration form, will be e-mailed to your Colgate e-mail address. Although you will receive your PIN from the registrar's office, you are still encouraged to speak to your adviser before choosing courses.
- Off-campus students may choose to submit registration selections online to the registrar's office. If you elect this option, you will be registered during your scheduled class/alpha time, in the order that forms are received, provided that your registration form is received before that day/time. Please see the registration schedule for additional information.
- To avoid complications, registration requests should be submitted online no later than Monday, November 9.
- You should provide alternate course selections, even if you have an early registration time. Many courses have a very limited number of seats open to seniors and juniors. If you do not submit alternate selections, you run the risk of being registered for less than four courses.
- You will not be registered in restricted courses unless you have received permission from the instructor and the registrar’s office has been notified by that instructor. It is your responsibility to ensure that permission is obtained and communicated to the registrar's office. Restricted courses include those in which enrollment is limited to certain classes or majors, and courses that require the instructor’s signature. Similarly, you will not be registered for a course if you have not satisfied the prerequisites.
- Due to time constraints during registration, the registrar’s office staff is not able to notify you of the outcome of your registration. You will be notified the following day IF (a) you were ineligible to register (e.g., due to a financial/accounts receivable hold), or (b) you were registered for fewer than 3 of their requested primary and/or alternate courses. You should log onto the portal anytime after your registration time to view the outcome of your registration.
- You should remember to check the Course Offerings for information regarding availability of courses. Changes in course offerings, including added or canceled courses, or day/time/instructors changes, will be incorporated into the Course Offerings immediately and posted on the Changes to the Course Offerings page.