Small Dollar and Local Vendor Purchases Policies and procedures to simplify and expedite purchase orders.
- The limit of each in-town purchase without a Purchase Order has been increased to a total of $500.00. You will be required to have a proper I.D. and Banner department budget number. All in-town purchases over $500.00 require a Purchase Order.
- Purchases from out-of-town vendors (outside the Village of Hamilton) do not require a Purchase Order if:
- The purchase is under $500.00.
- Payment is made with net terms, in cash, personal check, or personal credit card and
- The goods will be picked up by authorized university personnel.
- If you wish to have your purchase delivered to Colgate directly, a Purchase Order must be obtained regardless of the dollar amount.
- For any purchase without a Purchase Order, you should obtain a sales tax exemption form from the Controller's Office. Requests for reimbursement should be directed to the Purchasing Office.
- A Purchase Order is not required for the purchase of local in-town grocery items.
- All orders over $500.00 require a requisition to be forwarded to the Purchasing Department.
- Purchases over $10,000.00 require the submission of three competitive written quotes.