General Campus Community Members
If you are a member of the Colgate campus who has not
been formally set up as a user of the calendar, you can still submit an event. Simply visit the calendar at calendar.colgate.edu
, scroll to the bottom of the right-hand column, and use the "Submit an Event
" button. Events you submit will be reviewed by the communications office before being published to the live calendar. Editing current events
General campus community members can submit requests for changes to current events using the online help request form
If you have been set up as a calendar user by the communications office, you will be able to create events that bypass the review process and publish directly to the calendar. Following the process below will also allow you to return to any events you've created to edit and update them as needed.
- On the main Calendar of Events Page, click "Manage Events" in the right navigation bar.
- Log in using your credentials, then select MainCampus as your group.
- To create a new event, click the Add Event button on the main menu
- Enter a succinct title in the section labeled "Title," making sure not to include time, date, or location (those will be entered later).
- Choose a START date, time, and location from the dropdown menus in Date & Time section, then choose an END date, time, and location immediately below.
- If you would like this EXACT INFORMATION including time, location, and title to be repeated regularly, select "Event Recurs" and choose frequency. If this event only takes place once, skip this section.
- Indicate the status of your event (all should be confirmed).
- Provide a brief description of the event. This description need not include time, date, or location, as they are already listed above. Instead, give information about a speaker, purpose for the event, or larger context.
- If a website for this event exists, copy and paste the URL into "Event URL." Make sure that your URL is introduced with http:// so that it becomes an active link.
- Select a Location and Contact from the dropdown menus.
- Select 2-4 tags from the list of topical areas. It is best to be as specific as possible, trying to avoid redundancy. Your event will be more attractive the more streamlined and specific it is.
- Click "Add Event."