DegreesPhD, University of Pennsylvania, 2010; MA, University of Pennsylvania, 2003; BA (Hons), University of Cambridge, 2001
20th-century British fiction. Modernism.
The novel. Intellectual history. The cultural life of British Communism. Marxist cultural analysis and historiography. Feminist and queer theory; sexuality studies.
"People of the Black Mountains and the Politics of Theory." Key Words. Journal of the Raymond Williams Society, 13 (2015)
"Jack Lindsay, Socialist Humanism and the Communist Historical Novel." Review of English Studies, 66.274 (April, 2015)
"Hope Mirrlees and the Archive of Modernism." Journal of Modern Literature, 37.2 (Winter 2014). Review Essay.
"Historical Turns in Twentieth Century Fiction." The Blackwell Companion to British Literature Vol.4. ed., HeesokChang, Robert deMaria Jr. and Samantha Zacher (Blackwell, 2014)
"Milton's Art of Logic and the Force of Conviction." Milton Studies 45 (2005)
Teaching ExperienceInstructor - Pre-freshman Program and Critical Writing Program, University of Pennsylvania
- Hearst Fellowship - Faculty Research Council (Colgate University), 2012
- Teaching Fellowship - Critical Writing Program (University of Pennsylvania), 2009
- London Fellowship (King's College and University of Pennsylvania), 2007
- Mellon Fellowship (University of Pennsylvania), 2004
- Thouron Award (University of Pennsylvania), 2002
- Kurt Hahn Trust Award for Study in Germany (University of Cambridge), 2001