- PhD, Economics, Kansas State University, 2012
- BA, Economics (with honor), South China Normal University, 2007
- Primary: International trade, industrial organization
- Secondary: Chinese economy, applied microeconomics, economic geography
Microeconomics, international trade, industrial organization, Chinese economy, game theory, mathematical economics
Introduction to economics, principles of microeconomics, principles of macroeconomics, intermediate microeconomics, managerial economics, Chinese economy, seminar in international economics
- "Tax Policies, Regional Trade Agreements, and FDI: A Welfare Analysis," Pacific Economic Review, forthcoming. (with Charles Braymen and Yang-Ming Chang)
- "Endogenous Division Rules as a Family Constitution: Strategic Altruistic Transfer and Sibling Competition," Journal of Population Economics, forthcoming. (with Yang-Ming Chang)
- "Choosing between Order-of-Entry Assumptions in Empirical Entry Models: Evidence from Competition between Burger King and McDonald’s Restaurant Outlets," Journal of Industrial Economics, forthcoming. (with Philip Gayle)
- War or Settlement: An Economic Analysis of Conflict with Endogenous and Increasing Destruction," Defence and Peace Economics, 2013, Vol.24, No.1, 23-46. (with Yang-Ming Chang)
- "Endogenous Destruction in Conflict: Theory and Extensions," revise and resubmit, Economic Inquiry. (with Yang-Ming Chang)
- "Transportation Costs and Trade Imbalance: Theory and Evidence," submitted.
- "Employee Benefits with Chinese Characteristics: The Role of Communist Party in Private Firms," submitted. (with Zhiqiang Dong and Xiahai Wei)
- "The Timing of Third-Party Intervention in Social Conflict," submitted. (with Yang-Ming Chang and Yongjing Zhang)
- 2015 Chinese Economists Society North American Conference, University of Michigan. March, 2015.
- Workshop on Strategic Aspects of Terrorism, Security, and Espionage, Stony Brook University. July, 2014.
- 12th Annual International Industrial Organization Conference, Northwestern University. April, 2014.
- 2014 AEA/ASSA Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA. January, 2014.
- 2013 Asian Meeting of the Econometric Society, National University of Singapore, Singapore. August, 2013
- 47th Annual Conference of the Canadian Economic Association, Montreal, QC, Canada. May 2013
- Midwest International Trade Conference, Indiana University. May, 2012
- Midwest Economic Theory Conference, Indiana University. May, 2012
- 10th Annual International Industrial Organization Conference, George Mason University. March, 2012
- 80th Annual Meeting of Southern Economic Association, Atlanta, GA. November, 2010
- 4th Annual Economics Graduate Student Conference, Washington University in St. Louis. October, 2009
- 9th Annual Missouri Economics Conference, University of Missouri. March, 2009
- Georg-August-Universität Göttingen (University of Göttingen), Göttingen, Germany. November, 2014.
- South China Normal University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China. May, 2014.
- Department of Economics, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA. February, 2014.
- South China Normal University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China. June, 2013.
Defence and Peace Economics, Eastern Economic Journal，Journal of Integrative Agriculture
American Economic Association, Western Economic Association International, Chinese Economists Society