PhD, Economics, Kansas State University, 2012; BA, Economics (with honor), South China Normal University, 2007
Applied microeconomics, international trade, industrial organization, economic geography, economics of conflict, Chinese economy
Microeconomics, international trade, industrial organization, game theory, Chinese economy, mathematical economics, history of economic thoughts
Introduction to economics, principles of microeconomics, principles of macroeconomics, intermediate microeconomics, managerial economics, Chinese economy
- "Endogenous Division Rules as a Family Constitution: Strategic Altruistic Transfer and Sibling Competition," Journal of Population Economics, forthcoming. (with Yang-Ming Chang)
- "Choosing between Order-of-Entry Assumptions in Empirical Entry Models: Evidence from Competition between Burger King and McDonald’s Restaurant Outlets," Journal of Industrial Economics, forthcoming. (with Philip Gayle)
- "War or Settlement: An Economic Analysis of Conflict with Endogenous and Increasing Destruction," Defence and Peace Economics, 2013, Vol.24, No.1, 23-46. (with Yang-Ming Chang)
- "Transportation Costs and Trade Imbalance: Theory and Evidence," revised and resubmitted to Journal of Economic Geography.
- "Tax Policies, Regional Trade Agreements, and FDI: A Welfare Analysis," revise and resubmit at Pacific Economic Review. (with Charles Braymen and Yang-Ming Chang)
- "An Economic Theory of Bargaining and Fighting with Endogenous Destruction." (with Yang-Ming Chang)
- "Revolution as Rent Seeking: The Paradox of Revolution and the Timing of Third-Party Intervention" (with Yang-Ming Chang and Yongjing Zhang)
- "Employee Benefit with Chinese Characteristics: Evidence from Private Firms in China." (with Zhiqiang Dong and Xiahai Wei)
- "Secretes of the Ghost Towns: The Political Economy of Chinese Urbanization." (with Shuo Chen)
- "Optimal Risk Manipulation in Asymmetric Tournament." (with Zhiqiang Dong)
- "Arms Proliferation,Weapons Inspection and Conflict."
- "Local Business Dynamics under the Presence/Absence of Firms with Multiple Establishments." (with Wei Huang)
- "Choose Your Enemy Wisely: A Model of Conflict with Weapon Acquisition Cycle." (with Zhiqiang Dong and Yongjing Zhang)
- "Firm-level Influences on Direct versus Indirect Export Decisions." (with Charles Braymen and Kristie Briggs)
- Workshop on Strategic Aspects of Terrorism, Security, and Espionage, The 25th Stony Brook Game Theory Festival of the Game Theory Society, Stony Brook, NY. July, 2014. (scheduled)
- 2014 AEA/ASSA Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA. January, 2014.
- 2013 Asian Meeting of the Econometric Society, National University of Singapore, Singapore. August, 2013
- 47th Annual Conference of the Canadian Economic Association, Montreal, QC, Canada. May 2013
- Midwest International Trade Conference, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN. May, 2012
- Midwest Economic Theory Conference, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN. May, 2012
- 10th Annual International Industrial Organization Conference, George Mason University, Arlington, VA. March, 2012
- 80th Annual Meeting of Southern Economic Association, Atlanta, GA. November, 2010
- 4th Annual Economics Graduate Student Conference, Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO. October, 2009
- 9th Annual Missouri Economics Conference, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO. March, 2009
- Department of Economics, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA. February, 2014. (scheduled)
- South China Normal University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China. June, 2013.
Defence and Peace Economics, Eastern Economic Journal, Journal of Baltic Studies