BS, MS University of Transilvania, Romania 1997, 1998; PhD University of Iowa 2005
John Wesley Young Research Instructor, Dartmouth College 2005-07; Visiting Assistant Professor, Cornell University, 2007-08; Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Connecticut 2009-10
Real Analysis, Dynamical Systems, Calculus, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations
Functional analysis, operator algebras, differential equations on fractals, dynamical systems
- "Complex powers of the Laplacian on PCF Self-Similar Fractals as Calderón-Zygmund Operators", (with Luke Rogers), Commun. Pure Appl. Anal., accepted
- ''Hausdorff Measures and KMS States'', (with Alex Kumjian), Indiana Univ. Math. J., accepted
- "Pseudodifferential operators on Fractals", (with L.G. Rogers and R.S. Strichartz), Revista Matematica Iberoamericana, accepted
- "Remarks on the Ideal Structure of Fell Bundle C*-Algebras'', (with Dana P. Williams), accepted, Houston Journal of Mathematics
- "Markov Operators and -Algebras", (with Paul S. Muhly and Victor Vega), accepted for publication in the Houston Journal of Mathematics.
- ''A Classic Morita Equivalence Result for Fell Bundle -Algebras'', (with Dana P. Williams), Math Scand, 108 No. 2 (2011), 251-263
- "The Resolvent Kernel for PCF Self-Similar Fractals", (with E.P.J. Pearse, L. G. Rogers, H. Ruan, R.S. Strichartz), Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., 362 (2010), 4451-4479.
- "The Generalized Effros-Hahn Conjecture for Groupoids", (with Dana P. Williams), Indiana Univ. Math. J., 58 No. 6 (2009), 2489-2508
- "Irreducible representations of groupoid C*-algebras", (with Dana P. Williams), Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 137 (2009), 1323-1332
- "Groupoid Methods in Wavelet Analysis", (with Paul Muhly), Group representations, ergodic theory, and mathematical physics: a tribute to George W. Mackey, 193--208, Contemp. Math., 449, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 2008
- -algebras associated with Mauldin-Williams graphs'', (with Y. Watatani), Can. Math. Bull, 51 (2008), no 4, 545--560.
- "Operator algebras and Mauldin-Williams graphs", Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, 37 (2007), no. 3, 829 -- 849.
- "Mauldin-Williams graphs, Morita Equivalence and isomorphisms", Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 134 (2006), no. 4, 1087--1097
"Mauldin-Williams Graphs and C*-algebras"; thesis adviser: Professor Paul S. Muhly
- Simons Foundation Collaboration Grant, 2011-2016
- 2006 A.C. Spriesterbach Dissertation Prize, University of Iowa;
- Fulbright Scholar 1999-2004
Please visit my home page at http://math.colgate.edu/~mionescu. There you can find more information about my research as well as links to the webpages for the courses I teach.