PhD, Cornell University, 2010
Ancient (esp. Hellenistic) philosophy, metaethics, ethics
Colgate University 2009-present
Nature and Reason in Stoic Ethics (advised by Terence Irwin)
- "The Stoic Argument from oikeiôsis," forthcoming in Oxford Studies in Ancient Philosophy, 50 (2016).
- "Making Sense of Stoic Indifferents," Oxford Studies in Ancient Philosophy, 49 (2015), 227-81.
- "Of Archery and Virtue: Ancient and Modern Conceptions of Value," Philosophers' Imprint Vol. 14, No. 19, June 2014
- "Stoic Eudaimonism and the Natural Law Tradition," in Reason, Religion and Natural Law: Plato to Spinoza, ed. Jonathan Jacobs (Oxford University Press, 2012)
- "The Stoics," in Key Ethical Thinkers, ed. Tom Angier (Bloomsbury, 2012)
- Review of René Brouwer, The Stoic Sage: The Early Stoics on Wisdom, Sagehood and Socrates (Cambridge 2014), Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews, 2015.04.13
- Review of A. Long (ed.), Plato and the Stoics (Cambridge, 2013), Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews, 2014.09.34
- Review of Tony Burns, Aristotle and Natural Law (Continuum, 2011), Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews, 2012.06.02
- Review of Henry Dyson, Prolepsis and Ennoia in the Early Stoa (Walter de Gruyter, 2009), Journal of the History of Philosophy, January, 2011
- Fulbright Award to Germany, 2012-13
- Charlotte Newcombe Dissertation Fellowship, 2008-09
- Norman Malcolm Fellowship (Cornell, King's College London), 2006-07