The Green Bikes Program is a bicycle rental program managed by Office of Sustainability interns to provide an affordable, healthy and convenient way to move around the Colgate campus and the surrounding area. Students, faculty and staff can rent a Green Bike for only $15 a month.
Since parking on campus before 3:30 p.m.
is not an option, doesn't the freedom of a Green Bike just make good sense?
How to Rent a Bike
We rent each of our bikes to a specific individual for a specific rental period for only $15 per month. Here's how to sign up:
- Fill out the Green Bikes Application.
- Individuals are selected on a first come, first serve basis. Do not email Green Bikes asking if you will be receiving a bike. If you are selected for a Green Bike, you will be notified via email.
- You must sign a rental waiver before you pick up your bike. We cannot give you a bike unless you do so. If you don't pick up your bike in time we'll reassign it!
- You will receive an email before the end of your rental period to remind you when and where to return your Green Bike.
has routes that cover the residence halls, campus apartments and townhouses, locations near the academic quad, the grocery store, and the heart of the village. Moreover, it is free
and helps to lower our carbon footprint.
is a program that lets members of the Colgate community rent a fuel-efficient or hybrid-electric vehicle at a low cost. Colgate University's Zipcar fleet provides a means of transportation without the need to drive a car to campus. As a result, you end up saving more and driving less — way less!
Electric Vehicle Charging
To encourage the use of electric cars on campus, a Level 2 ChargePoint station compatible with almost all electric vehicles has been placed on Lally Lane on campus. Tesla vehicles require an adapter. Etiquette for charging stations
- Rate: Free - first 5 hours; $2/hr - following
Share a Ride Faculty and staff carpooling
Employees are encouraged to coordinate workplace-based carpools. The benefits include saving money, reducing vehicle emissions, and making new friends along the way. Contact Human Resources
to find a fellow staff or faculty member to carpool with.