The Shaw Wellness Institute supports holistic wellness for the Colgate community and encourages self-empowerment to develop lifelong balanced eating habits as part a whole-body approach to wellness. The dietitian is a Chartwells
employee and registered dietitian who offers a variety of services to the Colgate campus. Students and staff are encouraged to reach out to the dietitian for a one-on-one consultation, to lead a group nutrition education session, or to collaborate with your organization. Chartwells is currently searching for a dietitian for the spring semester, and we are not scheduling appointments at this time. Please check back at the start of the spring 2017 semester.
The dietitian is available to provide guidance in the following areas:
- Nutrition-related medical conditions, such as diabetes, gastrointestinal issues, food allergies and Celiac disease
- Dietary restrictions such as vegan/vegetarian, low-sodium, lactose-intolerance, etc.
- Maternal and child health, picky eaters, and trying new foods
- Religious dietary restrictions
- Fueling athletic performance
- Healthful cooking and meal planning
- Healthful eating on a budget
- General nutrition questions/concerns
- Weight concerns
- Intuitive/Mindful Eating
- Eating disorder support
- Student Organization or Team Education Sessions
- Personalized dietary plans