Other Travel Skip Navigation

Other Colgate-Sponsored Travel

The links below are to the specific forms and documents required for you to complete and submit to the Off-Campus Study Office, 101 McGregory, when traveling outside of the United States or Canada.
Other Colgate-sponsored travel may include trips organized by clubs, athletics, various Colgate offices, travel to conferences, and more.

Faculty, staff, and students traveling independently should notify and meet with an Off-Campus Study adviser (by emailing off-campusstudy@colgate.edu) as soon as you know that you will be traveling abroad, and should complete all required student forms below at least one month prior to departure.

Other Colgate-Sponsored Travel Forms and Instructions

Faculty and Staff Travel Leaders

  • Traveling with Students to High-Risk Destinations
  • General Pre-Departure Handbook
  • Faculty and staff travel plans form: To be completed by faculty and staff who are taking students on Colgate-sponsored travel or are traveling independently abroad on Colgate business. Click the "Apply Now" button after the link to start completing the required information.
    • For faculty and staff traveling with students, please ensure that the students have submitted their travel plan information to Off-Campus Study at least one month prior to departure. International SOS cards will not be authorized until the paperwork is complete.  (Note that Off-Campus Study will send the student health forms to Student Health Services on your behalf).
  • Crisis Management Guidelines
  • CISI Health Insurance: Health insurance is required for travel outside the U.S. International health insurance is available from Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) at nominal cost to faculty and staff traveling abroad on a Colgate-sponsored activity; for international travel only. Faculty and staff leading a student group should contact Shelley Wyman in Off-Campus Study at mwyman@colgate.edu for information on how to register their group for international health insurance. For faculty/staff traveling independently (i.e., not as a leader of a student group), they should purchase a single trip plan from CISI.
  • CISI Brochure 2017-18


Students traveling on a Colgate program or independently are required to complete the Travel Registry form.  Questionnaires included in this form are:
  • Acknowledgement of risk and responsibility
  • Emergency contact information
  • Travel information
Students traveling internationally must also complete:

Students, faculty and Staff CISI Health Insurance

For students

  • If you are a student traveling independently and need to register yourself for CISI insurance, instructions for enrollment in the student plan can be found here: CISI Self-Enrollment Form

Faculty/staff leading a student group

  • For faculty/staff leading a student group abroad, please contact Shelley Wyman at mwyman@colgate.edu for assistance in registering your group.

Faculty/staff traveling independently

  • Colgate faculty and staff traveling independently on Colgate-related business abroad are required to purchase a Business Travel plan with CISI. Instructions for enrollment in this plan can be found here: CISI Self-Enrollment Forms - Business Travel
Questions should be directed to Shelley Wyman, mwyman@colgate.edu.